Roll kuchen is something we would eat lots of in Paraguay during the hot summer months. Roll kuchen and watermelon was a nice easy quick "meal" or snack. But here in Canada we have more cold days than hot so I like to pair roll kuchen with a bowl of soup.
There are many recipes out there, but this is my family's favourite. Try them out and let me know what you think.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Flour start with 3 cups (as much as needed until you have a soft dough you can roll out)
- Beat cream, milk & eggs together.
- Add dry ingredients (start with 3 cups flour) and mix until just combined.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Cut into strips. Then cut strips on the diagonal about 4″ long and cut a slit in the center of the 4″ length.
- Fold the top of the piece through the hole and up again. Fry in oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve and eat!!
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?