Best playdough recipe! One of my kids favorite things is playing with dough. Not surprising since we are constantly baking and rolling out something. This play dough recipe is super easy to make, lasts a long time when stored properly, best part no harmful chemicals.
• Flour 1 cup
- ½ cup of salt
- Coconut oil 2 tsp spoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup of water
- Two table spoons of cream of tartar
- Food colouring of choice (4-5 drops per dough recipe, more for a darker shade of colour, I love making a few batches of different colors)
- Combine water, food colouring, and coconut oil in a pot or saucepan and mix.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all your dry ingredients (1/2 Cup Salt, 1 cup flour, 2tbsp of cream of tartar) mix well so the ingredients are fully combined.
- Over a low to medium heat combine the dry ingredients together with in the saucepan.
- Cook over a low to medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until it starts to form a dough and look dry.
- Once it starts to form a dough like ball and looks fully cooked (playdough consistency) you can remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once the dough has cooled, knead the dough for a few minutes with your hands to make it nice and soft.
- Now Play!!
- Keep playdough in an air tight container. It will last up to 6 months when stored properly, maybe longer.
It's been a busy week for us. We celebrated New Years like most, at home with the family.
I'll let you in on a little secret, we didn't actually make it tell midnight. We did the count down and lit the sparklers, at around 7pm. We figured it was midnight somewhere and well we just really wanted to get to bed haha 😄 We don't party to hard these days.
And then we had Birthdays to celebrate 🍾!
My oldest boy turned 17!!! Holly cow when and how did that happen 😳 Everyone tells you, they grow up fast, but some how it's still so surprising how fast it happens.
And then a day later (yup our little lady was kind enough to give her big brother his own day to celebrate, but not more then one day 😅)
Our baby turned 3!!!
That sums up our last 5 days. It's been busy and filled with so much family time.
Daddy and Mr.K even had some fun in the snow. The little one decided she was more like the rest of the girls in the house. We just like to look at the snow with a warm hot chocolate cozied under a blanket while sitting next to the fire place inside the house. Snow isn't for all of us.